In a few weeks (mid-May 2019?) the forest roads will start opening up. Anyone who helps out on TrailsNH by changing a forest road to “Open” or confirms a road is open gets entered to win a $20 gift certificate from my friends at The Notch Hostel.
TrailsNH follows 41 forest road in the Whites, and 4 in the Adirondacks so you have several chances to enter and win. Everyone who helps out will get a TrailsNH sticker and their name entered in the drawing.
Thank You to The Notch Hostel!
Thanks Serena for donating the gift certificate. Your wonderful basecamp in the Whites is a great resource for hikers. And your support for TrailsNH is really appreciated! Thank you.
- Anyone who flags a forest road as “Open” or confirms a forest road is open is automatically entered to win
- Limit one confirmation per road, per day.
- One name will be drawn at random when all forest roads are open or on Friday June 14th. Which ever comes first.
How to flag a forest road as “Open” on TrailsNH:
- Go to the TrailsNH Forest Roads and Gates Status page
- Click on the name of a closed road to see it’s Gate History page
- Login using your Facebook or Gmail account (on menu on top right)
- Click on “Change Status To Open” or “Confirm Gate Is Open” and fill in and submit the form.
Everyone who helps out will get one free TrailsNH sticker. Just fill in the Sticker order form and in the comments box let me know which road you marked as Open. Ignore making a payment.